screen and speakers on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mac17, Jun 25, 2007.

1. mac17 macrumors regular

i am thinking about selling my black mb on ebay and going for a new pro i have a few questions first how is the matt led screen? and how are the speakers are they better quality/louder then the mbs because im not so thrilled with my mbs speakers.
    thanks in advance.

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

do a search about the led screen. there are now tons of threads. we've already spend the energy typing up the same responses over and over.

the macbook pro speakers are better than the macbook ones. the main reason is location. these speakers are coming straight at you, instead of bouncing off the screen like in the macbook.

also, according to an apple employee who gave an interview about the new SR macbook pros, they said that the low end range (frequency-wise) of the macbook pro speakers are better than the previous macbook pro.

they are also much louder.

3. kolax macrumors G3

Speakers are crap. They do the job, but its the same with any laptop speakers.

Get external ones.

4. SteveM8 macrumors member

Pro vs Non Pro

I have the latest macbook pro 2.4 and the latest white macbook - the screen is much brighter on the pro with better color. Also, the speakers are MUCH better on the pro over the non pro.

BUT the macbook pros speakers have been the same since the 1st macbook pro. I've had the 1st 1.83 MBP, the 2.33 and now the 2.4 and all had the same speakers.

But yes, the screen and the speakers are much better than the standard macbook.

5. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

well i meant to ask, are they good for laptop speakers specifically are they loud enough?
    ps:i have external speakers, just wanted to know for when im not home.

6. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks thats what i wanted to hear! i think im going to upgrade:D

7. mikesjo macrumors regular

Speakers knocks the socks off of my old iBook G4 :). Even the headphone jack is louder by about 2-3x.