Screen/back protector? Or case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by bloody, Sep 21, 2008.

?

Screen/Back Protector or Case?

1. Screen/Back Protector

43.6%
  2. Case

56.4%
  1. bloody macrumors member

Which one would you guys prefer? A screen/back protector, like invisible shield or bodyguardz, or cases.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Neither. A screen protector doesn't really help that much unless you're trying to reduce glare. A case just makes it bulky.

3. California King macrumors 65816

I'm unsure to get a bodyguardz or a clear case myself. But I think I'm going to go with a clear shield. It makes the ipod easier to hold and you can take it out of the case if you want.

Some say it makes the iPod look cheaper, so still unsure...

4. bloody thread starter macrumors member

yeah but the thing is, getting a case makes your iPod so much more bulkier then it really is, but it will protect the iPod from impact. And with a back/screen protector, not only is your ipod scratch free, you get to keep its slim-ness and you get to keep that really nice shiny back. The iPod just feels so much more nicer in hand with no case. I'm torn between getting a case, or getting protectors :p.

5. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I have an InvisibleSheild for my iPod touch and I really like it. I used to have a Griffin iClear case for and which made it so much bulkier and now with the protectors it stays slim but is still protected from scratches which is mostly what was the function of my case was before. They can be a little tricky to put on but once they are one they're great.

6. iTouch1987 macrumors member

belkin silicon sleeve for 2G & powersupport antiglare film

perfect combo for my 2G touch.

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I've got an anti-glare screen protector + back protector, but I forget which ones.

8. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I use Bestskinever total body skin and the iClear by Griffin. It doesn't add too much bulk to it and I know it is well protected.

9. everkleer macrumors newbie

Impact protection

Well I personally think I want a bulky case for mine, but that's because I plan on dropping mine all over the place. I'd say if you aren't worried about dropping it (but if you do drop it, I think it will break easily - several people have warned me to get a good case), then go for the Griffin iClear or Bodyguardz or something to keep it looking semi-new.

But now that I think about it, I am wondering if the iClear or any other non-bulky solutions provide any sort of descent impact protection. I am very prone to dropping things and I usually drop or knock my old iPod off my desk several time a day. So if anyone can comment on how well the non-bulky solutions protect against drops, I'd like to hear it.

10. liferules macrumors member

Yeah, I had mine fall out of my coat pocket today. The touch is so light that it easily falls if you bend forward. Thank goodness it fell flat on its face and had no scratches. I will be looking for case very soon...

11. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I dropped mine a few times (like I said above I have the iClear and Bestskinsever on it) and nothing broke. I can see the plastic iClear breaking, but that is cheap to replace. I think it looks good also.

12. dakine85 macrumors newbie

i have a bodyguardz skin on my touch (for front and back)....i was originally planning on getting some kind of case to put it in (like a silicon case), but now i'm really liking the slim-ness...so i'm thinking of just getting or making some sort of iPod sock for it.... it'll pad any drops, but i can still enjoy the slim form factor too.

i guess it's all about personal preference....if you care about scratch-prevention, get some kind of skin for it. if you care about drop-protection AND scratch-prevention, get some kind of combination of skin and case.

13. bloody thread starter macrumors member

just decided to bump this instead of making a new thread. I now either have an option of buying the switcheasy Rebeltouch.... Or Bodyguardz screen/back protector. So which one do you guys prefer? I mean i like the slim-ness with no case, but the Rebeltouch looks so damn sexy.

14. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

EXACTLY the reason why I'm getting a case, the touch is just too thin and feels fragile. I want something that makes it feel good in the hands. I just hate apples need to be thin mp3 players. But I'm going both, a screen protector for the front and case to cover the rest. The front/back protectors won't protect from accidental drops which does happen to me from time to time :(

15. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

how about a silicone case iwth a protective full body film?

16. new for mac macrumors newbie

I have bestskinsever full body on it and I would like to put Griffin iClear case on it but it did not fit
    What case can cover the ipod touch with bestskinsever full body on it?

17. new for mac macrumors newbie

Dear hogfaninga

I use Bestskinsever total body skin too but it is not fix in Iclear by Griffin. What should I do?

18. dahcheet macrumors regular

dahcheet

I got a leather Sena case for my G2 iPod Touch. The protective plastic stickies are too hard to put on and the plastic/rubber cases you leave on are too bulky. I usually keep my iPod in my shirt pocket at work and can easily slip it in and out of its case. A little pricey but well worth it.

19. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

IMO this is the BEST case. I have one for each of my iPhone 3g. I comes with both anti-glare and gloss screen protector. Apple stores have them in stock. MADE IN JAPAN!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

i have a Griffin iClear but now i want to get a BSE because i dont need to bring it with me everywhere since i one a nano at my moms company picnic. I plan to get the apple socks and want to start watching movies on it more often during the upcoming Holidays.

21. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

what are they called?

22. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

i have both bodyguardz and rebel touch from switcheasy. Both amazing. i just hate the installation of the case. I broke my nail.

23. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528