Screen bezel bulge, take it in for repair again?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yetanotherdave, Oct 25, 2008.

1. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I've just got my white macbook back from the apple store after a week of it being away for topcase replacement, bottom case replacement, and lid replacement (all under warranty). Everything looked perfect, the entirety of the case is now brand new, only the battery discolouration gives away that it's not.
    Until I saw this.

I know this will bug me, I know I will get paranoid about gunk collecting in it. But I don't want to be without my computer for another week while it gets repaired, the apple store is a pain to get to and expensive to park at. My iPhone just about got me by, but I can't download podcasts directly to it (thanks again apple :rolleyes: ) which is a real PITA for me.

Do I take it in again? Do I try and learn to live with it? What would you do? I feel a bit resentful about being inconvenienced again by this, but I also want my laptop in good condition and without defects.
    Oh what a conundrum, woe is me etc etc

Attached Files:

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Back it goes. It may just be a wire out of place under the bezel.

3. me2000 macrumors 6502

4. yetanotherdave thread starter macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Ugh, just noticed that the screen bezel is also not attached properly in the bottom left corner (it's loose, and there's a gap between it and the actual lid casing), it's going to have to go back, this is so frustrating!
    Does anyone know if there's a "fast track" repair option for when they take it in a second time to fix the mistakes caused by the first repair? I really don't want to be computerless for another whole week!