Screen Bleed Issue OVER TIME worsens?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tr1age, Apr 18, 2011.

1. tr1age, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011

tr1age macrumors member

tr1age

PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU HAVE SCREEN BLEED AND YOU HAVE NOTICED IT WORSENING OVER TIME,(Situational, why, usage, etc) AKA STARTING SMALL AND GETTING TO BE LARGER AREAS OF THE SCREEN. I WANT TO SEE IF THIS IS A PROBLEM I AM EXPERIENCING OR A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT. THANK YOU.

So I have seen a lot of threads talking about out of the box screen bleed etc. So I had mine replaced once already for one that was "better" well it seems to me and I can't be sure cause i don't have a before and after picture, but in the 3 weeks I have been using (which is a lot) it seems the bleeding is getting progressively worse especially around the corners.

Has anyone noticed the bleed gets worse over time?

Thanks in advance!

2. UserName macrumors member

It's all in your head :)

3. tr1age thread starter macrumors member

tr1age

No I actually think it has gotten worse as in I can start to see the color change on colored images now as well.

4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

If you didn't pay attention to the screen bleed you wouldn't notice it as much. It's most likely a small smudge at the corner of your screen that you wouldn't even ever look at, unless you were looking for the problem itself. I'm not saying that it's okay for Apple to make crappy displays, but at the same time, it's dumb to pay so much attention to such a little flaw, that's only revealed when the screen is pitch black set on full brightness.

5. tr1age thread starter macrumors member

tr1age

Actually I decided to pop in a movie today and it was like 4 bright lights shining down upon the movie like a theatre display. But thanks for your opinion. I am looking for constructive answers from people who own the device and have noticed degradation in the light situation over time.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

In other words, you are only looking for agreement and no actual debate or discussion.

That is not how these forums work.

FWIW, no screen bleed here.

7. tr1age thread starter macrumors member

tr1age

Debate is fine in a debate TOPIC. I am asking for peoples experience with the bleed getting worse over time. I am not going to express my dissatisfaction in the words I want to use with the people who are replying so far to try to keep this on topic...

Glad to hear someone has no screen bleed btw :) But still not part of the topic.

8. Siggen macrumors 6502

Ignoring this, since i dont have a screen bleeding issue. That aside, I imagin it can get worse over time. So why do I post what I presume to be ture? Well technical knowledge about how LCD panels works, and to top it off how the iPad chassie is put togetter.

So why do presume this? Well its simple, for the light distribution to work propperly, it requires a constant preassure troughout the screens surface. And the problem is that the dearest iPad 2 is freakin' glued together... To top it off, there are tons of people saying that their iPad is not glued rigth, the screen loosing its grip.

Well you can have one of the two without the other problem being noticable, but surley there is a major possibility that the two may be interlinked.

9. HardLuckStories macrumors regular

Agree with previous post, it seems the issue is linked with how the ipads chassis is torsioned, for instance applying slight torsional pressure to the corners of the device alleviates my bleeding. Also if this is the case then i dont see apple being able to change it anytime soon. Its inherent to the products design it wold seem, due to manafacture methods/construction and thiness of the device.

If you get one thats minimal bleeding, i think its a keeper. Apple may comment on this before long.

My bleed has improved since i twisted the ipad using light pressure (only one corner was a problem) therfore has improved over time.

10. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

so bring it back and stop shouting and creating stupid threads - just go to an apple store or get a life!

11. krnboy503 macrumors regular

THERE IS ALREADY A "BACKLIGHTING BLEED" Thread with thousands of views.

Stop making pointless threads.

12. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

You have 12 months in which to replace it at the Apple Store.