screen bleeding on new 2011 mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madmartigan, May 7, 2011.

1. madmartigan macrumors member

I have a 17 inch mbp and i have some screen bleeding on the bottom of the screen. It is all along the bottom but only goes up an inch or an inch and a half.

is this normal?

also how rugged are the hinges on the screen, I accidentally opened the screen to far earlier with enough pressure to slightly lift the bottom half of the computer off the ground. Did i hurt the screen and the hinges by any chance?

2. M Powered macrumors regular

yea, my 13" had this but went away after a month or so. From what I see from searching its normal.

3. madonionrings macrumors member

4. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Make sure you don't push the brightness too far. It may cause the bleeding.

5. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I don't have a 2011 MBP, but my MID 09's brightness is ALWAYS all the way up.

6. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

I went through four 2011 MacBook Pro's (17" AntiGlare), all of which had backlight bleeding. The first one had blotches, the second one had ripples along the bottom and the third one had a spot in the middle. Now the fourth one has absolutely no backlight bleeding, but it does have the problem described in the link (and so did all other three macbook pros): http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1163281 It seems like they all have it (?) and it seems to be heat related and looks like the opposite of backlight bleeding.. I have seen this happen on some 2010 models as well...