Screen Bleeding on New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dawnraid, Oct 30, 2008.

?

Should I take my MacBook back (screen bleed)

1. Take it Back to swap it

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Keep it (and hope it gets better)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. dawnraid macrumors regular

Ok so I got my White MacBook Replaced after I cracked its screen by my insurance company (thread here) But as soon as I began using it I noticed it has a thin light band across the bottom of the screen (visible on all viewing angles) and that the bottom corners of the screen are pretty dark (both left and right).
    After reading around I found out its called screen bleeding.
    What should I do take it back (will they replace it again) or just live with it.

2. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I have the exact same problem, it's started up within the last 2 weeks.. I'm thinking about calling Apple Support sometime soon about it. I just got the MacBook at the end of September, after my first MacBook having screen problems (this problem: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=467198), so I returned it for the current one. I'm really starting to think the products just don't compare to what they used to be.. owned one MacBook for 4 days before having to return it because of the first problem, now after owning this computer for over a month its now having screen bleeding.. like what the heck? I owned my iBook for 6 years and it didn't have problems like this, the screen slowly died over time but didn't start doing these sort of things this early on. I hope Apple will do something about this, I just don't have luck with electronics it seems lol