Screen bleeding question 13" uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cababah, Jun 19, 2009.

1. cababah macrumors 68000

I have a 9C9F display and it looks great for the most part but when I put on a movie and go to the full screen, I can see some small traces of light at the bottom edge of the screen and corners..it is not enough to bother me but is this what is called screen bleeding? Is this normal on LCDs and the new 13" MBP screens?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Light bleed from the bottom is fairly common, but if it's bad enough you may be able to try getting the screen replaced.

With that though, you run the risk of it being even more pronounced. Also, have you calibrated the display? The factory calibrations have the tendency to over-expose light bleeds from the bottom.

3. cababah thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't want to take the risk of making a deal about it and possibly getting a computer with a crappier screen/more light bleeding especially since I am 40min from an Apple store and I got it online..I have not calibrated the display yet though. The screen bleeding is a little more noticeable when I crank the brightness up (big surprise right?) but not enough for me to justify entering another lottery and it does not detract from the movie or anything

just glad to know it is a fairly common issue

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Definitely calibrate the display. The defaults tend be be kind of washed out in my experience.

On my 9C89, the factory profile is absolute garbage, with no "black" to be seen. After calibration, the panel isn't that bad, just crappy viewing angles.

5. cababah thread starter macrumors 68000

I will get a picture up later and have you guys chime in on your input.