Screen Blemish n No WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blackadder1, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Blackadder1 macrumors newbie

Hey, first time on here. Upgraded to an iPhone 4 last weekend - v expensive but v excited! :)

Got my number transferred and set up with iTunes. Couple of issues:

1) I've noticed that there is a blob (size of a tiny piece of dust on the screen). Its not dust and it doesn't appear to be on the surface of the glass but actually in the screen. Screen works fine and no dead spots - getting frustrated; its so tiny but its bugging me - has anyone else had this? Is it a fault? :mad:

2) Second maddening thing - despite checking my Cellular Data Network settings I can't get it to connect to my home WiFi - so no internet!!

Help - before I throw it at the wall! :mad:

2. JamesMB, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Quit being OCD about your phone....It doesn't matter if anyone else has had "this". The bottom line is, does your phone work, do you like it? If you don't like it, take it back, and get a refurbished one. Simple.....

Cellular Data settings, have absolutely nothing to do with WiFi. A better option might be WiFi settings.

3. Blackadder1 thread starter macrumors newbie

If its faulty its faulty!

Okay, thought I'd respond to advice given.

Point 2) - yep got me on that one - I sorted WiFi access on WiFi settings!

Point 1) advice seemed to be accept it or get a refurb! Err, no - screen defect on a £600 product which relies on its screen as the user interface is pants! It was was less than 1 month old so took it back (store acknowledged manufacturing fault) and opted for a full refund.

Don't know what its like in the Wild West, but UK Sale of Goods Act - covers manufacturing faults for 6 months! :p