Screen brightness near 0% after invoking Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pure3d2, Oct 10, 2012.

1. pure3d2, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Earlier today, when my wife sent me an iMessage, I invoked Siri to send a reply for me. As soon as Siri heard my reply, the screen brightness went down to near 0% where I could barely see anything.

I told Siri to send the message and still the screen was barely visible. I tried to adjust the brightness but it was just too dark for me to see.

When my wife replied to my message, the screen returned to its original brightness level.

I wonder wondering if anyone else experience this issue also. This was on the iPhone 5 with Auto Brightness disabled.

2. myiphone5 macrumors newbie

Almost similar. iPhone 5 doesn't retain selected automatic brightness; it's either go up or down. Hard to control... Don't know what to do!!!!

3. raptorstv macrumors 6502

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Auto brightness works differently in ios6. Open up settings and go to brightness & wallpaper selection. Notice where the slider is now turn out the lights or place under a light. It will go to 100% if the room is bright and if the room is dark it'll go to zero. On previous ios's if you moved the knob down to zero the screen would be totally black. For me this works perfectly and haven't had a problem with it. I also notice for the 1st time that it also works on the lock screen!

5. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

This has nothing to do with Auto brightness. It's a bug.