Screen Broadcasting Software Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by techsupportrich, Mar 8, 2009.

1. techsupportrich macrumors newbie

Id like to broadcast my OS X desktop on UStream and other streaming services. At the moment I'm using CamTwist to broadcast my desktop and stream to UStream.

Unfortunately the maximum output resolution for CamTwist is 320x240 which is really inadequate for screencasts. Can anyone recommend any software that will do the same job but output a higher resolution?

I have tried a few software video mixers but none of them have had the desktop broadcast feature.

Thanks guys.

2. shmootz macrumors newbie

Tried GrabberRaster?

I have not tested this software but it is recommended by Boinx software. It's called GrabberRaster and the paid "screencast edition" will output your screen input/footage to webcam for use with uStream or any other service. Here is the link:
    http://b-l-a-c-k-o-p.com/store-paypal.html#grabberraster

Scroll down to the "Screencast Edition" section for pricing. Please note that the free version of this program (not labeled "screencast edition" will not be able to output your screen as a webcam but instead will just be able to record your screen, to the best of my knowledge).

Please let me know if you need any other help!
    -Adam