Screen Bubbles??!! Macbook Pro Matte Santarosa

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zimtheinvader, Nov 12, 2007.

1. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

Hi,
    I have a MBP 15" Santarosa with the LED matte screen and recently I have noticed a darkening of a couple of areas. Its very faint except against white, where the area appears as faintly grey irregular 2-3cm ovals and the darkness changes depending on the viewing angle (??). The only thing I can compare it to is that its almost like bubbles under a screen protector, but I've never had any kind of protector on the screen. I had tried cleaning the screen with water and gently rubbing the area but it changed nothing.

These are definitely new, could this be related to its case which has begun warping at the edges and become increasingly wobbly to type on? The screen is perfect other than this, should I bring it in? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I've heard so many horror stories about macs coming back worse off than when they were sent in.

As a caveat, I've never had any accidents with my MBP, so there should be no excuse for this abnormality in my opinion, I got the MBP vs the MB specifically b/c of the screen!!

2. ale500 macrumors regular

3. zimtheinvader thread starter macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

how do I upload a picture to the forums?

either way it is hard to capture without increasing the contrast of the image since the marks are somewhat faint. According to other forums, it may be related to having closed the lid while it was still warm from video rendering, which is rediculous if this causes damage to the screen?

4. christall109 macrumors 6502

Mine is warping too.... I've about had it with it (MacBook Pro)

Apple corporate is going to get a call.

5. tango127 macrumors newbie

Bubbles on MacBook Pro

I have two 17" MacBook Pro computers. One recently had an "expanding" battery pack replaced. This one had large bubbles on the screen (about 1 cm in diameter) - could it be related to heat from the battery pack? You can see them clearly by turning off the computer and tilting the screen back and forth under a light. Anyway, both computers are still under extended warranty so Apple is repairing the screen problems for free on both of them.