Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stylez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
I noticed whilst unboxing, that the screen rises above the surface of the metal border. Not a very good improvement design-wise I thought at that time (scratches obtained more easily)
But I couldn't care that much and went straight to testing the appstore and all the other stuff..
Then today I had a closer look at the screen and I noticed it is only at the top of the screen, the bottom is dead even with the metal border!
Very disturbing; I am able to push the glass into the housing, at the top end!!!

Beside this, I also have a dead pixel. Went to the shop and they told me I was the second one.

I'm confident I will be able to get a replace (as soon the shop has stock again here in Belgium), but in the meantime I would recommend all of you to take a closer look at your screens!!
(I have black 16gb)

Stylez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
So I went back to the store and they told me that would sent my iPhone to a repair-service. WTF! They should replace the goddamn thing, no questions asked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.