Screen Burn in.

Froghouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
How many others on here have an imac with burn in problems?
I have a tone!
I am so unhappy with this product.
Im happy I have the extended warranty, Im now getting a new monitor for my imac.

Any others on here with the same problem?

knewsom

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
please describe the burn-in. A "tone"? What did you have on your display for ages that did this?

Comment

ryan.hayes79

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I have previously experienced an iMac that would retain an image burn in for some time. Something that I was sure LCD should not do! I did use a screen saver etc but still had issues.

The screen was replaced due to other problems and was fine after that.

Comment

sanjuvarma

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
How many others on here have an imac with burn in problems?
I have a tone!
I am so unhappy with this product.
Im happy I have the extended warranty, Im now getting a new monitor for my imac.

Any others on here with the same problem?
Dude I had a massive Burn In issue with my iMac Early 2008 (24" 3.06Ghz C2D). There were dark patches all over my screen like dark clouds on that gorgeous screen. I had APP on that, and I turned it in to Apple Genius in July 2009, almost a year after I bought it and they replaced the entire LCD panel and handed me a bill which had a service detail of around $950.00 but my charge was $0.00 because of the APP. Thank God for that!!

You have APP so chill

Comment

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
This was already talked about on another thread. A recommendation was made to start your screen saver after 3 minutes of non-activity and put the display to sleep after 8 minutes. Additionally, there was an article on Apple's website, the link was on the other thread, where you should switch to a different wallpaper and something about changing the brightness and after a certain period of time the burned in image will disappear. Sorry I do not remember the thread this information was on. Try searching the forum for a similar topic.

Update: Check this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2807?viewlocale=en_US

Comment