Screen calibration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zeos, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Zeos macrumors 6502

I keep seeing posts recommending that the MBP screen should be calibrated. Can someone point to a thread that shows how to do this?

Thanks!

2. zgnoud macrumors member

Edit** If you want to calibrate, you can try play around with it in the Display settings > Color Tab > Calibrate button.

otherwise, if you want to use other people's colour calibration settings, download a display colour profile from one of the threads found here, then put them all in your hdd > Libary > ColorSync > Profiles.
    after you done that go into system preferences and then into displays setting. click on the color tab and select the profile you put inside the libary folders. if nothing comes up uncheck the "Show Profiles for this display only" and it should come up.

3. Eric L macrumors member

I just did this last week to my 17" MBP. I used the Spyder Express and it work very well. It made a huge difference in the colors and removed the magenta-blue cast from the screen.

You just install the software and run it. You will put the reader over you screen (in a dark room!) and let it run. It took 5 or 10 min.

If you don't like what it did, you c an go back to the original color profile.

I do a lot of Photoshop editing and HIGHLY recommend it.

4. OrangesOfCourse macrumors member

Do you have a 17" LED MBP? if so do you mind posting your color profile?

5. Eric L macrumors member

6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Argh!!!!

LCD!

LED!

CFL!

Learn to distinguish people!!