Screen Calibration.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by enophi1, Apr 16, 2009.

1. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Hey all,

Finally unboxed my UMBP , I am looking to calibrate the display as I work mostly with vector images in Photoshop and I hate the default display.

This would be my first time calibrating and I am not sure if I am going to get it right on the first go.

Anyone have any tips or any users who work in PS a lot and have a need to calibrate too? if so what do you recommend?

Thanks guys

2. aleni macrumors 68020

i do a lot of printing works, so what i did is draw squares of color in adobe illustrator. each square contains a color exactly just like in the color palette on the right side. i make about 15 square of colors and then print it.

then after print out is done, you can look if the squares colors that have been printed out close enough to the colors of squares on the screen. i calibrate based on my printer.

btw it's for printing accuracy, i dont know if you are working for webdesign. maybe for webdesign works is just set the gamma to 2.2, because majority of web visitors use PC which use 2.2 gamma.

3. kimnkk macrumors member

kimnkk

I don't do any graphics work but i did calibrate my screen with a Spyder 2 and basICColor software. Looks great and the software has a lot of options to tailor to your needs.

Definitely a huge improvement. The MBP screen is bad - viewing angles definitely worse than the previous MBP and colours not as good out of the box.

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i tried searching on these forums because i remember people saying they are profiles up for 17in matte screens calibrated already ?

5. enophi1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Thanks guys, I don't have a printer and I don't use one to be honest, it's just for on screen.

I'll try the spyder2 and see how it goes.

Yes there are calibration profiles up for the 17inch Matte somewhere, mine is a glass LCD so it's somewhat different.

Thanks again!

6. kimnkk macrumors member

kimnkk

Just read your sig and noticed that you have a 15" MBP.

You can use profiles that have been made by other people, there are plenty for your 15" MBP. You just have to find out which screen you have (the 9C84 LG/Samsung or the 9C85 ChiMei).

This thread will tell you all you need to know :).

7. enophi1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Mine is 9C84, thankyou so so much!!

I can now go through the thread and choose a profile :)

Edit: Chose Starfire's settings and they are amazing and much better than the standard profile the MBP ship with

Thanks so much Kimnkk you made my day!

8. clownjuggles macrumors member

I suggest using ColorEyes. Spyder3 as the hardware interface.

9. enophi1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

enophi1

wow pricey. I don't need the above to use the profiles in the other thread right?

I changed the profile to dr shdw's as it was less red and it is working very well for my needs.

10. jofus macrumors member

+1 to ColorEyes. I use it with the DTP94, and it has been great.