Screen capture as video for Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SiliconAddict, Oct 28, 2007.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

OK maybe its because I've been up until 3 in the morning the last couple days playing with Leopard. But I swear somewhere I saw a way to capture a screen as video. I want to post a demo of the mosaic screen saver on my Livejournal.

And if there isn't anything built in. Anyone know any good, pref free, apps. I say free because I'll probably use this once.

2. DavidCar macrumors 6502a

I thought I heard something similar, but now I can't find it either.

3. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

there are so many video screen capture apps, but they all suck I'll tell you what is wrong with some of them:

Snapper: complicated, demo version sucks
    Snapz Pro X: Pricey, but otherwise ok
    iShowU: Can't listen to audio while recording something, watermark on demo
    Jing: Can't control frame rates

http://www.freemacblog.com/mac-options-for-capturing-a-video-of-your-screen/ Tells you all about some of the others I have not tried, and from the looks, I don't want to either.

The only good video capture software I have ever had any luck with, is the World of Warcraft one, It's amazing, doesn't take a half hour to compress a couple minutes of video, and has amazing frame rates/choices too bad it only works for WoW... :(

I think Jing would be amazing if we could record at your own frame rates =/

4. duky macrumors 6502

Did the OP or anyone else ever figure this out? I'm trying to do the same thing and end up with jittery playback. I've tried Screenflick, SnapzPro and Quicktime screen recording in Snow Leopard and have had no luck thus far as I just keep getting choppy video playback. Ideas?