Screen Capture in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jgbhardy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

I remember seeing rumours about a possible screen capture program being included with Snow Leopard. While I was just scrolling through all the new features on the Apple website for Snow Leopard I saw this:
    Record your screen.
    Catch the action taking place on your screen with screen recording. Start recording and QuickTime Player captures the activity on your screen and creates a movie file. It’s perfect for creating instructional media or when you need more than a simple screen shot.
    http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/refinements/enhancements-refinements.html

I don't know if I missed the point at which everyone else found this but it came as a surprise to me. Are there any developers that can elaborate on how good this is and how it works?

Sorry again if this is really old and boring.

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Not a rumor (rumour); it has been announced directly from Apple. QuickTime X itself does the recording.

3. jgbhardy thread starter macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

Thanks for stating what I just read of the Apple site. I want to know from developers if its any good and some more detail on the way it works.

4. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

It doesn't have the same quality fps like ScreenFlow, but it's good for something that's free.

5. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Im trying to see to get it to record screen with internal sound...does anyone know if its capable of doing so?