Screen Capture Pixelated Screen at Start up OSX10.5.4

Discussion in 'iMac' started by garenpatrick, Dec 4, 2008.

1. garenpatrick macrumors newbie

This is the image I get on my iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo OSX10.5.4. I have repaired permisions and removed all login items. Once I move the cursor or open up a window the screen clears behind the cursor or window etc... It freezes up at least once or twice a day...
    I started up again and attached another screen, the image was normal on both screens. But alone the iMac still starts up with the pixelated screen.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Maybe it is rebelling against the insane amount of icons you have scatted about your desktop. :p

No, this has been happening to some people, including me and my mac pro, with its mere 3 icons on the desktop.
    I don't think it's a hardware problem because it still shows in a screenshot and people have had their hardware replaced only for the problem to keep happening. Stupid software glitch, I guess. I am not sure of a solution but here is another thread about it, for what it's worth.

3. garenpatrick thread starter macrumors newbie

haha I knew I was going to get at least one comment on that!
    Ironic as it is it looks I will clean up the desktop and see what happens!
    Thanks!

4. woodbird25 macrumors newbie

A client of mine was having the same issue you are experiencing and unfortunately at first I could not come up with a solution. I replaced a few pieces of hardware with no luck. I noticed that the issue only occurred when logged into his user account, so I created a new account and manually copied all his files and settings over. I tested the machine for 2 days after the switch and have yet to have any of the original issues. Hope this helps

5. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Why do you schmucks who litter the desktop with a bunch of aliases, folders, and file icons, care what the underlying desktop image looks like? Seriously . . .

6. Arcadie macrumors regular

same thing has been going on with mine.. but i have had no problems of the mac freezing or anything like that. i just open up firefox (filling the screen) and its fixed.

7. garenpatrick thread starter macrumors newbie

It has been a few weeks now and the problem has not come back. The solution was simply to clean up the desktop. I have four icons on the desktop now and have had no problems since...

8. bizzle macrumors 6502a

9. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I also had a client with this same problem on her older PowerBook running 10.3. Her screen would be fine from power up until the computer went to sleep. When it was woken up this started happening. The only difference is that when moving the mouse or opening a window or menu the problem was not fixed. Basically it made the computer unusable if it was ever put to sleep. I created a new user and tested with that user account and got the same problem. Finally I had her backup her data and reinstalled the OS and still there was no getting away from it. Really seemed like a hardware issue for her case, so I'm wondering if your case was resolved from deleting settings or upgrading.