Screen capture utility + annotation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bdepaz, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bdepaz macrumors newbie

Hi,

This will probably be catalogued as a n00b question, but since I haven't switched to mac that long ago (and am still happy to have done so), I hope nobody will shoot me for it :)

I'm looking for an easy way to make screen captions (as images) and use some kind of pencil tool to annotate something on the image.
    Example use is something for manual: you need to push this button and then provide a screenshot of an application with an arrow drawed upon it, pointing to the button.

In windows, I used to just take a screenshot using printscreen, paste it in MS Paint, and just draw over it.

Now, before you point me to google or a search form, I've been searching the net already (and on this forum), and found tons of screen capture tools (I also know of the built-in printscreen feature in OSX), and tons of lightweight image editors. But none of them seem to combine these two features I need.

Can anybody recommend me something to easily achieve this? Or what's an easy approach to achieve these kind of results?

Hope somebody can help. I'll appreciate it :cool:

Bert

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Skitch is what you're looking for (its awesome!) but you have to sign up and hope...

For now you can take a screenshot with CMD+Shift+3 (or 4 if you want to select an area) and then open it in Seashore :)