Screen Capture Video Recorder for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dream.Finder, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Dream.Finder macrumors member

Hello all,

I am looking for a good quality/fast free screen capture video recorder software for my iMac that I can record things on my screen. I require a software that is resizable to your specific dimensions that you require recording of. For example, if you only wanted to capture and record a section in Pages, you would be able to click and drag how much area you wish to record.

I have tried both "Capture Me" and "Copernicus", but I had issues with both. Copernicus seems to let me click and drag the surface area I wish (then nothing else besides a viewfinder preview window pops up), then when I hit record it might record a second or two and then shut off... or maybe that was on Capture Me, I cannot remember right now...

Does anyone have a good video screen capture software? I really liked the Hypercam on Windows, but that had a water mark that needed to be paid to remove... :(

Please help? Thank you...

2. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

3. Jade02 macrumors newbie

You can try Voila. Does basic screen recording if that is what you are looking for.
    It also comes with a free trial. So try it out before buying it. I use it all the time for my tutorials.

4. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

If you have Snow Leopard, QuickTime X should be enough (File > New Screen Recording).

5. Jade02 macrumors newbie

It only does a full screen recording doesn't it? Or am I missing something?