Screen capture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cbijk, Jul 21, 2012.

1. cbijk macrumors newbie

Hi everyone just a quick question...

I have some PDF's of sheet music and I'd like to make a HD video of the pages in full screen turning in time with the audio of the score playing in the background.

Using the Preview app in full screen mode I can use the right arrow to change the page while I'm listening to the music and it looks great. So is there anyway to capture this process AND the music simultaneously?...without loosing image quality?

I've heard about camastasia and screen flow. Might they work?

Thank you! I appreciate any comments or advice

2. rainydays macrumors 6502a

Screenflow would work. But you could also try something like Musicreader.

3. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

I've used iShowU in the past and have had good luck with it.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Both Camtasia and ScreenFlow will do you just fine
    Camtasia will allow you to capture specific areas of the screen as I recall
    But I don't think ScreenFlow will allow that

5. macandiPhone macrumors member

Screen capture

Camastasia and Screen flow will work I heard but not sure about the usability issue.
    I recommend Voila globaldelight.com/voila. Voila can capture audio/video + as optional you can include your own audio (through mic). They also have a trial period for 15 days, try out before you purchase. Also you can annotate images, publish videos to YouTube, Flickr, SFTP, FTP and Trim videos. I use Voila daily. Very helpful.

6. colquhounclan macrumors newbie

I would look into Boinx Fotomagico. Great for making a slideshow of your images with music. It works on a timeline, just drag and drop in your files. You can set the time of each slide change, use transistions etc. Export to many different types of files at any resolution you need.

7. rainydays macrumors 6502a

Or.. you could use a specialized app like MusicReader. There's also one called PDFtoMusic IIRC that will play the score of the PDF file.
    I'm sure there are others out there as well.