Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iabm

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2017
Hey all,

New to the forum so I apologise if this has been posted before...

I'm looking for a screen cleaning fluid that comes recommended. I'm looking to put a screen protector on my screen and would like to clean it first. The reason being, I have a keyboard cover on and sometimes it leaves small marks on the screen.

Any recommendations welcome :)

Thanks,
Ben

ryguy92000

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
Theres some debate as to what fluid is best. Essentially it breaks down like this: 1) on MBP's the LCD is protected with a very thin sheet of glass, however on the older Matte gloss designs it was the LCD flat out. 2) this glass is sensitive to sctractches and abrasives that will leave scoring and streaking leading many to use an LCD cleaner, which has neither of these properties. I personally use the Pledge Multisurface cleaner (let the moaning and whining begin) to much pleasure from my clients. You must be ready to wipe the screen down with a NEW and UNUSED cloth to ensure cleanliness and no streaking. Some machines will clean the rags well but not all. Try experimenting with different cleaners to see what you like. Ive seen some shops use the ol'fashioned windex to much success.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.