Screen cleaning without dustscratches?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AGANG, Nov 23, 2015.

1. AGANG macrumors member

I have a 13" inch macbook pro retina (2015). I clean the retina screen with destilled water and included cloth (as Apple says). With this cleaning form I did some dustscratches. How can I clean my retina screen without scratches?
    Thank you:)

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Dust should not be able to scratch your screen, take it into apple and ask about it, it may be a AR coating issue and they might replace the screen for you.

3. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

4. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Your screen should not scratch from cleaning by any means. Contact apple about the Anti-Reflective Coating on your screen.

5. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

What do you think? Do I have a screen issue?

Attached Files:

6. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

This looks like a dirty screen to me. Are you sure there are scratches? Try cleaning it thoroughly, maybe add more water and look for those again.

7. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

no:/ This is scrach but fortunately doesnt make "rainbow color" when I see something white picture.
    So is this an issue? Anybody has dustscratches too?

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That's some pretty abrasive dust you've got going on there. My 2015 rMBP doesn't have any scratches currently. I'm hoping to keep it this way.

9. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

10. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

I clean mine just like you clean yours, but I use tap water instead. No scratches whatsoever after a year.

11. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

I use a regular old microfiber cloth and gently graze the screen to wipe dust off. If there are any specks on there that won't brush off I put a drop or 2 of water on the cloth and wipe just the spot where the speck is. I've never once wiped the entire screen with a damp cloth, haven't had to yet. Screen is as perfect as it was in April when I got it and when not in use I keep it inside a case. Definitely could be an anti-glare coating issue with your screen, that seems rather extreme.

12. AGANG thread starter macrumors member

I hope that isn't an issue, just a bad form of my cleaning method. I dont like service after a purchase of my macbook pro.

13. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

It doesn't seems like a coating issue :/ .. You can clean your macbook with wipes special for glasses...Those which doesn't affect the anti-reflective displays.
    Also you could go at an Apple Service to see what's that "scratch".

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

No way regular dust caused that.