Screen Clicking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Motokid, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Motokid macrumors newbie

Every time I open the screen on my new macbook pro, the hinges click. Most of the time it clicks when you move it to the most reclined position, but also occasionally clicks multiple times in other positions. If it makes a difference, the clicking only seems to happen or happens louder/multiple times when it is on the desk and does it less when on your lap or in the air.

Should I be worried about this? It is brand new and the last mac we had the screen broke so we can only use it with an external screen and I don't want this to happen to my brand new $2.5k laptop.

Thanks
    (Macbook Pro Mid 2009 17inch)

2. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

While I doubt this issue affects your display, I'd definitely call AppleCare about it. If I experienced a similar clicking noise, I wouldn't hesitate.

Also, do you have AppleCare? I'd definitely purchase it while you still can.

Good luck,

Habitus :apple:

3. phixiuz macrumors regular

I got the exact same thing here, already made a thread about this before and got a couple of replies of people who are also experiencing this. I'm gonna call Apple once my 1 year warranty is almost out. Can't really miss my laptop right now, oh and I got the 13" Pro.