Screen Color Differences Over MacBook Pro 13" 2011 and Macbook Air 13" 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LouieSamman, Mar 2, 2011.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Anyone notice that the Macbook Air screen has whiter whites and lighter colors vs the MacBook Pro that has a more yellowish tint to it but has deeper colors?

Good or bad?

I am switching from the Macbook Air to the new Macbook Pro. I have both laptops with me now and looking to sell off the Macbook Air soon.

2. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

I have done the same as you, but coming from a 2010 MBP before the 2010 MBA I already knew to expect a much better screen, it's one of the reasons I am going back to the MBP. The MBA screen is awful, no colour saturation and terrible viewing angles. They can keep the extra few pixels:D

3. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Yeah the deep colors I see on the Macbook Pro 2011 is really nice.

The high price on the MBA is the thinness which is not what I need. I am awaiting the 3rd generation iPad that can replace the MBA thinness for me and I can just have a powerful laptop at home. As well as my iPhone that is always with me anywhere I go.

Macbook Pro, iPad, & iPhone is the best 3 combo devices.

4. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

There are a few things I like better on the 13MBP over the MBA:

1: Screen as mentioned
    2: Sound (better speakers)
    3: Takes more to get the fans running
    4: Obviously quicker at processing
    5: More responsive trackpad (have you noticed this yet?)
    6: Last but not least, I missed the backlit keyboard so much more than I thought I would.

5. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I have definitely notice the unresponsive trackpad when awaking the MBA from sleep. As for the backlit keyboard, I never had that before but I knew it would be an awesome feature for me as I like to sometimes use my laptop at night at most and the backlight keyboard in many circumstances would had come in handy.

The MBP is definetly far superior than the MBA. All the MBA has is the thinness.

The MBP that will come out in 2012, I believe, will finally reduce the thickness to the MBP and soon in 5 to 8 years the MBA will be no more as the MBP will be light and thin enough anyways so it can be great for the hardcore power users and for the travelers.