screen color settings change after screen saver, is my mb dieing :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Merkyworks, May 7, 2009.

1. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

ok so this has happened twice now in the past month, my mb is in screen saver mode and i wake it up to find that the color is off in the screen. meaning that the color settings changed and the screen has a swashed out blue tint to it. first time i restarted and all was good, second time i clicked on the preferences icon and then the screen went back to its normal setting. my normal setting is not the factory one but one of the ones that people said makes the screen look better.

so what gives, is the integrated chip dieing on me? :confused:

oh its a unibody that i got when they first came out, 2.0 processor one all factory

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Strange. Does this also happen when you reset your display settings to factory settings, then run the screensaver?

EDIT: I doubt anything's 'dying' on you. It's just a case of custom settings being lost after sleep mode.

3. Merkyworks thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm ok well thats good to know. just freaked me out when it happended

4. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

No offense, but sometimes these threads crack me up.

5. jdpanoptic macrumors newbie

this also happens to me. It's not a big problem - I just go to the Display preferences panel and the custom settings return - but it's a bit of hassle. Does anyone know what might be happening and how to prevent it?