Screen Comparison: 13" MBP vs 15" MBP vs older 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pr33tz, Jun 24, 2009.

1. pr33tz macrumors member

I know there are quite a few threads discussing screen comparisons but I couldn't find one that answered my question(s).

I bought the 13" MBP which, after exchanging it three times, ended up with the 9C9F lcd which is excellent and I love it. However, I decided to upgrade to a 15" model and ended up getting the older 15" 2.53 model for not much more. Unfortunately after calibrating the screen, the colours don't look as nice as the 13" although it does have a better white balance and brighter display.

I'm now considering the newer 15" 2.66 model but wanted to check if the screen was a) noticeably better than the older model and b) equally as good as the 13" model if not better.

It was quite a pain getting the right display with the 13" and I don't want to go through it again with the 15". Is it a lottery with the 15" too or are all the displays equally as good?

I'm looking for input from people who have compared these screens. :)

2. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

how do you keep exchanging without getting hit with restocking fees?? I've got the 13" and I love the screen and the computer. 15" is little too big for my taste unless you use it mostly at home at a desk.

3. pr33tz thread starter macrumors member

I refused to pay a restocking fee for something that was 'defective'. I mainly use it at home (away from a desk) so 15" is a nice compromise between portability and screen resolution. I will make do with the 13" unless I know the 15" has an equally good screen.