Screen corners clicking on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XboxMySocks, Oct 17, 2014.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I'm not particularly bothered, but I can feel the corner (bottom right) move up & down slightly if I press on it, and it clicks as well when this happens.

Again, not particularly bothered by this but do you think Apple would want this unit back? I already had one that they demanded back due to a dead pixel so I hesitate to ask them directly, especially since it's fairly fleeting.

2. cababah macrumors 68000

I don't think they would force you to return it. If it doesn't bother you just keep it. You have a 1 year warranty (assuming no AC+) if it eventually bothers you.

3. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Well they wouldn't, I just am not sure if it's even worth asking them about. Don't feel like wasting their time. :eek:

4. cababah macrumors 68000

Well it's cleaely a defect. There should be no deflection in the display and glass surrounding it. If you take it to a Genius, I'm pretty sure they'd replace it no questions asked. That's their job. As consumers, it's our right to demand quality out of the products we purchase...especially at the price points of these phones.

5. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

6. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Just noticed the same on mine, bottom right corner and bottom left corner. Oddly, I had the very same thing in the first iphone 6 I picked up, but in the top left corner. That one got exchanged for a plus, and then back again.

Odd to get the same issue twice.

7. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

The bottom right corner of my phone clicks too. Doesn't do it too much with a case, but naked, will click all the time.

8. crmcm macrumors member

Keep it and return it right before your warranty expires for a brand new phone mid contract. Mine does this too, but it's also bent.

9. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

mine does this on the top left corner, but doesnt click.
    not too bothered. will keep it. it's perfect every way else.

10. Jmausmuc macrumors 6502

Jmausmuc

This.
    I will do the same. Mine clicks in the bottom right corner and I thought about getting it replaced but since getting a refurbished phone is always a little bit like playing the lottery and it’s not an issue you notice if you don’t look for it I think I will just ignore it and have Apple replace the phone when I want to sell it...

11. SBruv macrumors 6502

Yup, I've been through four iPhone 6s for various reasons, and all of them have clicked and moved very slightly at the top left, over the volume buttons.

Just the way they're made, I guess. :(

12. Wetherfield macrumors newbie

I had this on my Ipad, It is probably due to you dropping it or the phone being under pressure which has caused a buckle / structural fracture and when pressed will click in and out of it's mount

13. SBruv macrumors 6502

No, it's clearly a design fault, since it's been the case with all four iPhone 6's I've been through, none of which were dropped or mishandled in any way.

14. oplix Suspended

oplix

I've noticed the same issue with my iphone 6 as well. It's mainly when I'm playing some kind of action game that requires a quick press on the corner of the screen.