screen cover

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neilp4453, Apr 11, 2009.

1. neilp4453 macrumors regular

On my current screen cover (that came with my case), I found something stuck underneath it today and I couldn't stand it being there so now the cover is ruined. There is even more dust clinging to the sticky part ever since I removed it.

Do any of you guys know a good place to sells cheap but efficient screen covers? I also have the case so I am not looking for a combo pack again.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You mean a screen protector that sticks on the glass?
    Check on ebay, theres tons of them.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I'd recommend the anti-glare screen from the Apple store but I'm not sure that would qualify as "cheap".

Try BestSkinsEver. They're pretty affordable.

4. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I tend to use the POWER ones, in the green package, sold at Apple. You get two for abut $14.

Cheap, no, but they LAST a very long time. And why not protect your investment....?

5. Cakester macrumors regular

Because it's not an investment?:p

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Blast! You beat me to it! :mad:

:D

7. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

+1 on Apple's Anti-Glare ones. I'm sure they aren't the absolute cheapest out there, but they are WELL worth the $15 for two. Hands down the best screen protector I've seen. The anti-glare thing is awesome, but more than that, your finger just sorta glides over it when you touch it -- none of that sticking, skipping, and dragging that I found happening with other screen protectors.

8. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Get the invisishield by Zagg. Not cheap exactly, but the most durable thing you can get. I love it

9. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

My thoughts exactly. I've only used these covers and one other brand (in which I had to use while I was waiting to get a new set of the anti-glare). Definitely worth it. No fingerprints, no glare, silky smooth, goes on very easily, and the cut out is very accurate (fits nicely) unlike the other one that I used.

10. MACoconut macrumors regular

SAY NONO TO ZAGG.

seriously. Zagg's products are sub-standard and they suck.

They are unwilling to do an online replacement of the shield for my iPod Touch.

And the skins are easily damaged. Quality sucks too. :(

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I'd stay away from IS. BSE is the exact same thing for a third of the price. BSE also has excellent customer service. I wrote an email explaining how I had to exchange my 3G for a manufacturing defect and they sent me TWO replacement shields for free.

Also, if you have a white phone I'd stay away from all brands of this type of shield. It'll start looking yellow after only a couple weeks.

Agree 100%. The cut is perfect and not having to wipe my screen every time I'm finished is priceless. Application is a bit tedious because any dust caught underneath is extremely noticable. I actually had to trash my first one because I ended up with so much debris stuck to it. Lucky they come in twos!