Screen cracked. Covered under AppleCare?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by devburke, Dec 1, 2009.

1. devburke Guest

So I just opened my mid-2007 MacBook and discovered a bunch of cracks running away from one point of dead pixels along the top of the screen. Is there any chance my AppleCare Protection Plan will cover this?? This sucks!

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It will if you can explain how the cracks got there. Sure it could've happened out of nowhere but most will look and say the user caused those cracks. We as posters in this forum can't give you a definite answer. If Apple feels it's their problem, they will fix through AppleCare. If not then prepare to either fight Apple or pay to get the screen repaired yourself.

3. devburke thread starter Guest

Honestly I don’t know how it got cracked. I used it at my worksite today, and brought it home in a backpack. I’ve carried it around in that backpack hundreds of times. It didn’t get roughed up or anything today, and I was just shocked the next time I opened it to find it cracked. I wouldn’t expect them to cover it, but I know Apple’s customer support has a very good history, so I was wondering if anyone else had ever been in a similar situation and what had happened.

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

If screens were covered under applecare I'd have to find a new way to pay my cable bill.

I think you might be out of luck.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110