Screen difference rMBP (2015) and rMB (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KelinDrawn, Apr 27, 2015.

1. KelinDrawn macrumors newbie

Do they use the same technology? Is the rMB (2015) screen in any way superior to the rMBP (2015)?

Apart from the resolution and the form factor, of course.

2. charea macrumors newbie

It appears the rMB screen is different. Pixel arrangement differs to allow better energy efficiency (30% better). It's also slimmer.
    Whether this improves or not display quality, it's unclear.

3. cycledance Suspended

rmbp 13 and 15 are brighter.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a completely difference technology based on what they said when the MB was released. Is it better, I have no idea. On the flip side, do you want to be on the bleeding edge of brand new technology that has no track record?

I do love the design of the MB, though I do have some things against it, i.e., price, selection of processor. From what I've seen/read on the reviews, the screen is gorgeous.

5. KelinDrawn thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks guys!

Good to know! :)

6. newellj macrumors 601

I had them both for two weeks and while the specs may be different, in real life use with scaling set to roughly the same setting, I never saw a difference. It may be that I am :cool: (and I don't mean cool)...

7. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

They didn't appear to look much different to me when I checked one out just for giggles at a store.

8. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I brought my 2015 MBPR into the Apple store when i checked out the MBR. The MBPR for sure got brighter with the brightness cranked up. Also noticed a slight contrast difference, couldn't really tell which looked better to be honest lol, both looked good. I think i have a picture from when went. Ill check and upload it.

9. vanimal macrumors 6502a

Not sure how much justice this photo does. Click it for full resolution. And both brightness were turned all the way up. I would say the screen gets about maybe 15% brighter on the MBPR, somewhere around there. Hard to tell with Apples crappy lighting. Also a bit of contrast color difference. Nothing crazy i don't think at least.
    Maybe something to do with the MBPR is able to get brighter?

Attached Files:

10. KelinDrawn thread starter macrumors newbie