Screen Dimple?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JoshuaMB92, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JoshuaMB92 macrumors newbie

JoshuaMB92

Hey guys,

A few questions / concerns possibly. I received my Series 2 Apple watch for Christmas. Today I noticed what looked like a scratch or almost the finish coming off the watch screen itself. The casing itself has no scratches on it, and I never hit the watch on anything, but the screen seems to have a pretty large scuff and or finish coming off around the glass. I also have Apple Care+ with the watch, would this be covered for free by Apple since the watch is so new? Or would I have to pay the charge, I think $79? Something around that price area to fix the screen.

I also have another picture that shows a pretty good dimple on the lower left corner of the screen? When the light hits the watch right it is very noticeable. However the LCD's seems to be functioning fine around the area, just an indentation it seems like. Possibly manufacturing flaw or something?

Should I look at have the watch replaced?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vihzel macrumors 6502

I would say definitely get the watch replaced as that is very unusual. Apple should be able to take care of it for free since it seems to be a defect and not accidental damage.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not see a "dimple" but in the first image there looks to be a good size scuff on the screen.

I would think you would have noticed the scuff right out of the box. The third image is showing what looks like a screen protector on the watch and the scuff does not show.

Not sure what is going on here.

4. Relentless Power, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Is the first picture scuffed or is this at a smear? I don't see the dimple. In any case, you have Apple Care, it you obviously hit it on something with the scratches from what I can see.

5. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

Yeah, the first pic just looks like a greasy finger smudge to be honest.

6. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Can't see the dimple, but that looks like it hit or rubbed against something. Take it in and ask them, maybe the dimple will get it replaced for free but I would plan on paying the AppleCare fee just in case.

7. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

The dimple appears to be part of the OLED screen itself. Definitely not damage you could have inflicted yourself, and not normal.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

9. Dodgeman macrumors 6502

I can see the dimple in the last pic. Bottom left corner next to the light reflection.
    It appears to be under the glass... if that's what he's talking about.