screen display going bad - what could this be?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by callagga, Apr 19, 2010.

1. callagga macrumors member

Hi,

I have a late-06 MacBook 2GHz. I've just had a severe video display issue where both display show a weird pattern (see attached) such that you can not see anything on the screen, nor recover from it. A reboot seems to be required.

Any ideas? It has just dropped out of warranty :(

Attached Files:

2. callagga thread starter macrumors member

occurred again - but this time I tried to VNC and SSH in, each without success - i.e. kind of seemed the Macbook was not operating (cf just a video issue)

3. mattyu007 macrumors regular

mattyu007

This has happened to me too, on my mid-2007 MacBook. It seems to be triggered by any application trying to go into fullscreen or something (ie. Fullscreening a video on YouTube, playing a presentation in keynote)

Maybe this isn't the same issue, but after restarting, OS X reports back as if it had just recovered from a kernel panic. But maybe this is just me?*

4. callagga thread starter macrumors member

I can't remember getting a recover message like that after having to hold the power button down and force a reboot - or did you see this in a log file somewhere?

5. mattyu007 macrumors regular

mattyu007

Maybe mine is a different problem. It just came up after I force-rebooted the system

(Sorry about the bad quality, but this is the one that came up)

Attached Files: