Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

callagga

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Hi,

I have a late-06 MacBook 2GHz. I've just had a severe video display issue where both display show a weird pattern (see attached) such that you can not see anything on the screen, nor recover from it. A reboot seems to be required.

Any ideas? It has just dropped out of warranty :(

Attachments

• mac_issue.jpeg
    mac_issue.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 59

callagga

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
occurred again - but this time I tried to VNC and SSH in, each without success - i.e. kind of seemed the Macbook was not operating (cf just a video issue)

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
This has happened to me too, on my mid-2007 MacBook. It seems to be triggered by any application trying to go into fullscreen or something (ie. Fullscreening a video on YouTube, playing a presentation in keynote)

Maybe this isn't the same issue, but after restarting, OS X reports back as if it had just recovered from a kernel panic. But maybe this is just me?*

callagga

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
I can't remember getting a recover message like that after having to hold the power button down and force a reboot - or did you see this in a log file somewhere?

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
Maybe mine is a different problem. It just came up after I force-rebooted the system

(Sorry about the bad quality, but this is the one that came up)

Attachments

• P240510_02.49.jpg
    P240510_02.49.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 35
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.