Screen does not light up!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Amerabian, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Amerabian macrumors regular

Well, it's been over 24 hrs since the issue started.

I don't know if this is at all related but I was on sharing my screen with a friend. I left the computer to another room, came back 10mins later (Skype sharing was on).. My friend was still on, we're able to talk but moving the mouse or keyboard didn't bring the screen up from sleep..

I asked for a moment to reboot, pressed the power button for a couple seconds, computer shuts down.. I press the button again, CHIME, CD check sound, I hear the fans starting, keyboard seems to connect, etc.. But, NO SCREEN.

I did the PRAM, NVRAM, SMC Reset.. (I've done them all before on different computers and done them correctly a few times.. no change)

I took the glass off, disconnected the LCD, nothing out of the norm..

Took the battery off the board, put it back in, no change.

Left the computer unplugged for 24 hours, just came back home and replugged the thing.. No change.

Anyone knows what might be the problem here?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Shine a torch or something at the screen and see whether you can make anything out. If so, then the problem is with the backlight.

3. Amerabian thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion!

I just tried that with an outdoor/camping spot-light, no sign of anything on the LCD..

That machine was my main desktop, I hope I won't have to dig in my savings account for a new machine.

Any other suggestions

Thanks

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

5. Amerabian thread starter macrumors regular

Nope :rolleyes: