Screen dust

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scott-n-Houston, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Well, I have been reading all of these posts about complaints people have about their iPad whether it is the screen color or some other issue.

Mine has been fine until today when I noticed two large specks of dust underneath the glass. They are very visible when we iPad is off, and they continue to be invisible when against a solid color backdrop. Can this be fixed on this iPad? Or will I just need to exchange it?

I bought the iPad at a Verizon store. I do not think they have a restocking fee, but am concerned that somehow I am going to get hosed in this deal. For $900, I don't I think that I should have to just live with the dust specs. I wish that I would have purchased at an Apple store because I know they are better about returns than almost anybody.

2. EarlZ macrumors regular

Some would say you are just looking for issues on the Ipad and who would stare at a single solid color for countless of hours.

If it bothers you, return/exchange it. End of story.

3. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not staring at a solid color, but even on this site multiple areas are a single color and the dust shows.

Does anyone who would provide an actual helpful answer have experience with exchanging at Verizon?

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't have to live with the dust. Mine has a couple of dust areas too and its going back. A shame because the screen was good after a couple of rainbow efforts. Giving up now for a few months.

5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I had lots of issues with this on iPad 2. They will exchange for you. Don't have any dust on the new one--crossing my fingers.

6. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks!
    If I bought at Verizon, do I still go to Apple store for replacement?
    I have a feeling that Verizon won't be so willing to exchange as Apple is.