Screen Fading MBP mid-2009

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iiBenxD, Nov 13, 2010.

1. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

I got a 13" Macbook Pro in June 2009, and I really like the quality of the whole computer.
    I just updated to OS X 10.6.5, and then I noticed a spot on my screen that looks like it's fading or ghosting. It's easiest to see when there's just light being emitted from the screen and no color, but it's always visible. I highly doubt that it's ghosting, because I never leave my screen on when I leave the computer. There are also these little black dots in rows that are visible in the fading section of the screen, but you can't see them in the attached images. I'll be able to upload higher resolution images tomorrow after noon.

Any ideas as to what this could be? I put my laptop in my backpack for school, but I'm always very careful about how I treat it and never leave it unattended. I also have no idea what that image would be if it was ghosting, because it doesn't look like anything to me.

Attached Files:

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Forgive me for my ignorance. :eek: Unfortunately, I don't see any differences between the 2 photos, or is there a difference? :confused:

3. iiBenxD thread starter macrumors newbie

Naw it's fine :)
    There barely is a difference. I just changed angles and put my phone a little closer to the screen in the second image, in case someone couldn't see in the first one, but there is barely a difference.

4. iiBenxD thread starter macrumors newbie

5. fernando.kreutz macrumors member

fernando.kreutz

Hi, this spot is in the middle of the screen right? So i assume you have a powerfull lightening on it's back, making light pass trough apple's logo.

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Haha your house looks just like my friend's house. He also has a 13" MBP, but he doesn't have an iPhone... Your issue looks to be that you are putting pressure on the screen, causing it to push against the "lip" between the trackpad and keyboard. Over time, this can cause the damage to the screen that you are seeing.