Screen Failure

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stuf10, Jun 30, 2010.

1. stuf10 macrumors newbie

We purchased a MAC book pro 16 months ago (17/03/09) and the LCD srceen has failed. It throws up lines across the screen. Apple are refusing to fix it as there is a small dent on the computer frame. This dent happened 11 months ago and the computer has been working perfectly until last week. The point here is that the LCD failed only after 13 months and apple are refusing to help with its repair. They have quoted $1100 to fix it. I feel they are using an insignificant little dent in the frame as an excuse to not fix this faulty product. We purchased an apple because we wanted a quality product and find our selves very disappointed by the product we purchased and with the Apple customer care. Any ideas on how I should get the screen fixed and how to get Apple to take some responsibility for this faulty product.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Can I see a picture of this dent? You're starting to worry me as to AppleCare service. I would email Steve Jobs and see what he has to say.

3. stuf10 thread starter macrumors newbie

dent

They still have the computer in the repair shop but I will get a picture for sure. DO you have an email for Steve Jobs.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

sjobs@apple.com and Steve@apple.com

5. stuf10 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Let us know if you get a response, and don't forget that photo :).

7. stuf10 thread starter macrumors newbie

No reply from the Apple Boss yet, still hoping????:confused:

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Sometimes it takes him awhile. I think after three days you should rephrase the email and send it again. He probably gets a boatload of email an hour.

9. stuf10 thread starter macrumors newbie

screen has intermittently failed

The screen when returned from the repair shop, with no repair work done, worked perfectly for a week. Then the problem reoccured with the screen going to lines. It does this intermittently. Any ideas what it may be??