Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BNHabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Whenever I lift up my Macbook Pro on a tilt angle the screen falls backwards. Does this happen to you? I hold it on an angle and the screen just falls back. Obviously this only happens if the screen is not completely back in the first place.

Wattser93

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
My hinge is plenty sturdy with no sag at all, even when picking up my MBP in the open position. Has yours been damaged in any way?

Stvwndr219

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Sounds like a defect to me - you should get it checked out or at least call apple support

thunderboltspro

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2009
Midwest
Whenever I lift up my Macbook Pro on a tilt angle the screen falls backwards. Does this happen to you? I hold it on an angle and the screen just falls back. Obviously this only happens if the screen is not completely back in the first place.

When i first got my mbp it would do this but I gave it time and it is not a problem anymore. If you had it for awhile 6 months or so and it still bothers you bring it to apple store and they can tighten your hing , no biggie. simple fix.

teg172003

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
Need help

So I have the same problem....
But i get BS responses everytime I visit the apple store

1st response: gravity
2nd response: tension and gravity, and there is variability in macbooks even though they are the same model

And i asked the technicians to reproduce this with another macbook and they said they couldnt because of variability..'

Is there anything I can do...
Ive had this macbook 6 months...
and has been like this since day 1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.