iPhone 8(+) Screen Flash on Reboot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robduckett14, Mar 29, 2018.

1. robduckett14 macrumors member

Hello,

Currently I am using an iPhone 8 Plus (AT&T) don't think that matters but whatever. I just installed the 11.3 update but this has been happening on previous versions of iOS. When my phone gets restarted either by pressing an holding on the power button and swiping to turn it off or via a hard reset power + wake the phone reboots as normally everything comes back and then the lock screen for the pin. This being the issue If I let the screen go black and then wake the phone up it doesn't matter if by the home button on or the power button the screen quickly flashes white across the entire screen. Does anyone else's phone do this or is this just particular to me.

It only does it when the phone gets rebooted on the first wake of the screen when it goes black from being rebooted, it does not do it anymore afterwards once it does that first time. After it does it that once it doesn't do it anymore

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I have video of this but the file is too large to upload. It would help explain it better by being seen of what it is actually doing.

2. Shadow Jolteon macrumors regular

Shadow Jolteon

I just tested this out on both my iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and both quickly flash to the lock screen then black for less than a second when I wake it after idling on the passcode screen. It's almost unnoticeable, and like you said, only happens the first time.

I'm guessing this just has something to do with iOS initializing, and isn't anything to worry about.

3. Helmsley macrumors regular

Helmsley

I see the same too (8 Plus).

Took me a few attempts to see it as it was so brief.

4. robduckett14 thread starter macrumors member

ok.. just thought i was the only its nice see that others can see this as well.

thank you all