Screen Flicker Issue - Best way to proceed?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rustyosaurus, Nov 15, 2009.

1. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2009
    hi there - day 3 with new 27in base imac and i have the dreaded screen flicker issue. very disappointing. i will be exchanging it as soon as possible. sucks that i just spent the last 3 days moving over all my files and software.

what is the best way to proceed? i am backing up with time machine (to time capsule) now.

if i get a new 27 in, do i just do the restore (or whatever it's called) and it will restore all files, prefs and software applications just like before?

2. stridemat Moderator

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2008
    If you do a TM machine backup it should backup all the data on your Imac.

When you get your new one you can restore all the files back. Every time I have done it, it has worked flawlessly.
  3. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2009
    thanks - of course as i tried to do the first time machine backup on the new imac i got the 'disk full' message (i'm using a time capsule). took awhile to figure it out but i ended up just erasing time capsule and starting over with the fresh backup.

since my computer has 20 years of data on it i'm paranoid about losing it - yes i use a second backup drive.

still paranoid.

and also, since i'm assuming they will exchange bad imac for new one i guess i need to wipe the hard drive (since it now contains all my data) and reinstall SN.