Screen flicker on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SBruv, Oct 26, 2008.

1. SBruv macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Bit of a weird one. The screen on my 2.53 Unibody MBP seems fine generally, but I noticed that if I go to www.speedtest.net, the grey (actually made up of fine black and grey lines) of the map with all the pyramids on it flickers like crazy.

Can anyone else confirm or deny the same?

Thanks!

2. genexrocket macrumors regular

I've got the same problem, when I turn it down lower than one notch below full brightness. I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide if I should just return it and get my money back or just live with it. (don't really feel like going through 3 mbp's in one week.)

3. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

That's not really the same thing as I'm getting, I don't think. My brightness level doesn't make any difference, and I'm only seeing flickering on that specific grey map on that specific web page, as far as I can tell. It's making me wonder if there's some kind of underlying issue, though.

4. tnhick macrumors member

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

6. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting...

Haven't tried a different browser, no - I'll do that when I get home from work.

I'll check out that test page too.

e12a, do you see the interference-like flickering I'm describing on the grey map on the Speedtest page?

SB

7. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

i dont have the newest MBP, just the SR MBP. I dont have the flicker you speak of though.