Screen flicker/white screen issue on refurb 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firestarter03, Jul 3, 2009.

1. firestarter03 macrumors newbie

I had my 3G replaced with a refurb at the genius bar (it has a 5K serial so I assume it is) around 10 days ago due to signal issues. When I got home, I noticed that it had quite bad light leak down the left hand side of the screen. I thought I would live with it and try not to be too picky since my signal issues were fixed.

I have noticed that sometimes you can see feint yellow strips on the LCD whilst looking at light background websites such as this one and some blue pixels seem to move (but these were quite hard to see). I was using Safari today when suddenly the screen started to flicker and I got lots of multicoloured lines moving everywhere, eventually it just turned to a completely white screen and then the screen would go back to normal after locking it. It has done this around 7 times today and when I put it on charge I had just a white screen. Now it seems perfectly fine and hasn't done it for a while. Here is a pic I took with my 1st gen:

[​IMG]

Should I go back and get it replaced asap? Has anyone else seen this problem before?

2. firestarter03 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's still doing it today so I'm going to take it
    back. It obviously is not a software issue.