Screen flicker.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wolvngelz, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Wolvngelz macrumors member

Hey guys,

When I type documents on my MBP the screen does a sort off flicker, like becoming darker then lighter then darker again. It's not very extreme, but it's enough to bother you. Any idea what's up with that? Should I be looking at a replacement? I just got this a month or so ago.

And updating software is still being a pain, every time something requires a restart when updated, the "Configuring" load bar seems like it's stuck. It can't seriously take so long to update Safari............

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Try a re-install of the OS. If it continues, take it to Apple.

3. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

Is that a solution for the Software Updates or for the screen as well?

Does re-installing OS-X remove all my files on the HDD?

Thx for input btw.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Mine does that when I'm watching television and the ambient light sensors are adjusting to the light of the television. Also notice this when driving at night under interstate lights. Ha well not driving, but riding in the car. Maybe not what you are experiencing, but that is one explanation for lightening and darkening of a mbp. Try turning off "Automatically adjust screen brightness" under preferences. I'm on my 12" powerbook now, not exactly sure which pane it's under. If I remember correctly it is under the Keyboard section.
    If you can't get it resolved easily, its best to take it in. Unless you live way far away, because just calling support usually doesn't solve problems like this and will waste tons of time trying to explain this problem to someone who barely speaks english.

"When I type documents on my MBP the screen does a sort off flicker, like becoming darker then lighter then darker again. It's not very extreme, but it's enough to bother you."

5. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

Awesome thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

6. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07