Screen flickering Chrome and Safari

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brooks95976, Feb 28, 2018.

1. brooks95976 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, suddenly noticed an issue while using Chrome/Safari. Seems to be happening when I’m using java, flash or something similar, I’m not sure.

I’ve made a little video you can see here: https://cl.ly/3X3U1m0F1I2k/Screen Recording 2018-02-26 at 03.08 pm.mov

I have updated my apps and java. I have no idea what else to try. Can anybody help?

Thanks
    Simon

1 March 2018

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac 5k

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

2. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

I can't help you, but I'm curious. Why are you using Java?

3. brooks95976 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know if I'm using Java bro, all I know is it's not working on both Safari and Chrome and it's only on websites like the new Google Adwords and Google Sheets so I thought it might be a java thing.

4. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

For most people, there is no need to install Java. If you don't know if you need Java or not, there is a good chance you don't need it.

As for Flash, if you're using Chrome you don't need to install it. It's built-in.

EDIT:

Do you mean JavaScript? That's not the same thing as Java, and JavaScript support is already built into the browsers.

5. brooks95976 thread starter macrumors newbie

No idea what's the cause

6. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

My point was that if you don't need Java, then don't install it. And if you don't need Flash, then don't install that either.

If you continually install random software you don't need, you may eventually cause yourself even more problems.

7. brooks95976 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure I needed it at one point otherwise I wouldn't have it. Probably for something else. My mac is pretty clean. I wouldn't have installed it for no reason
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2018 ---
    Ah I just read your first message properly... you can't help me. Cheers anyway lol

8. raison macrumors member

raison

My Macbook Pro has screen flickering issues every now and then but not as bad as yours. Is it happening all the time when you're on Chrome/Safari?

9. brooks95976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Only Safari and Chrome and only on some websites, very annoying!. If it's with everything then likely your screen is faulty or a loose connection somewhere. I've actually just started using Opera and seems to be stable.

Good luck!