Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
bad news. i have the lines. didnt notice them at first, but BAM!! one day there were there and i havent been able to ignore them since. sigh...

took it to the apple store, where we examined 3 other airs (two revB and one revA) and all had them. they basically said they could do nada to fix the lines.

darn mapple.

Is Mapple issuing you a refund? You might wanna contact Steve Mobs about that :D

I am glad that you are supporting me on the fact that even revA are getting infected with the lines. Now, we have to consult the Simpsons about Mapple and find out what is wrong with these screens :eek:

ducatidoc

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
yeah problem is i dont want a refund, just a nice clean functioning screen. and there's the rub -- if apple doesnt have any "good" screens, how can i expect them to switch mine out?

one thought would be to try a macbook screen on my air, but i am not in the mood to void TWO warranties and transplant my gf's display on my mba.

as for the folks that say they have a good screen, well, i thought mine was good to until one day i could see the lines. not sure if they just appeared over time or if this was just my lack of attention/ability to see them, but after having overlooked the lines i can see how many mba owners also miss them.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I guess you are better off getting full refund until they fix this issue in a newer patch hopefully instead of having them replace your screen on your lovely new Air later on.

nph

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2005
What screen model do you have 9c9A or 9C90?
Or maybe something else where they fixed the screen?

Thanks

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Hi,

I did it!
Today I bought an MBA 1.8 SSD.
The monitor is grat, no lines and no flickering (even with full brightness) ;-)

I'm absolutely happy :)

Peter

I am happy to hear such great news. However, would you please do your tests in the dark and double check. In addition, the screen model and production of the machine would reallly help.

Regards and congrats :)

nph

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2005
Go to Display
Open Profile
Scroll down and second last item list the manufacturer and model of the screen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.