Screen flickering when gaming

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by elpmas, Jul 1, 2010.

1. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

My screen is flickering when I game on bootcamp. I installed Win7 through parallels, but it's flickering so much that I can't play it. Any suggestions?

2. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

Did you install through bootcamp, parallels or both. Either way I suggest you use Bootcamp to play any modern games. I have used parallels for older games, like command and conquer zero hour and they work mostly okay.

There should not be a problem at all through bootcamp. If there is then uninstall the game and try again. See if other games do the same thing.

3. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

What game? The game could be overriding your refresh rate to 75 or similar causing flickers.

4. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

I use parallels through bootcamp. I do not think the game is graphic intense at all...since it's an older game. The game is called Helbreath.

5. hajime macrumors 68030

6. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

I get the same thing when I play games (only have the Crysis Maximum pack). It randomly happens, i.e. no matter what kind of action is going on. Anyone know how to fix it? Is it defective hardware?

7. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

I'm using my MBP 13" mid-2010. I use the bootcamp partition in parallels & virtualbox...same thing. Screen flickers. =(

8. cmon360 macrumors newbie

I’m sorry for the troubles you’re having. To solve the problem as quickly as possible I recommend submitting a support ticket with the Parallels team http://www.parallels.com/support/