Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
Hi,

Does anyone recognize the following situation?

Using a Macbook MAX M1, when ever I use wireless screen mirroring the screen seems to flicker (like some sort of filter is turned on/off constantly looks like night shifts hue gets turned on/off) and this even shows towards the device i am mirroring to. When I turn off screen mirroring quality is restored and no flickering anymore. Pretty sure this is a software kind of issue, but does anyone know why this happens or how to resolve this?

UPDATE: It only seem to happen when playing a video from a website. If there is no video being played, all is normal when screen mirroring.

UPDATE 2: Apparantly it is fixed now. Not sure what happend.

UPDATE 3: Apparantly it was a privacy add-on blocker that was causing the issue.

Last edited:

Idun098TZZ

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2021
Hi,
glad you fix it. Happened to me as well, I've done a workaround by changing the resolution to a higher one and then again to normality.
Cheers bro

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
Hi,
glad you fix it. Happened to me as well, I've done a workaround by changing the resolution to a higher one and then again to normality.
Cheers bro
Updated with UPDATE 3 what caused mine weird mirroring issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.