Screen flickering

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NDimichino, May 31, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Hello all, I have a MacBook that I bought almost a year ago. The past month or so has been worrying me, my screen has been flickering or blinking slightly when first turned on, or first opened from sleep mode.

I really don't know how to describe it, it's pretty faint but it's enough to worry me that my screen might be on its way out already.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Advice?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

In other words, just the brightness is flickering? I had the same problem, so I sent it into Apple. Turns out it was a bad screen inverter.

3. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Yeah, the same thing happened to yours? Would bringing it to an Apple store do me any good, I don't want to lose my computer for too long.

4. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

bring it in. you might not have the macbook for a little while but its better than it having a problem. Do you have applecare?

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I tried that once, however I could never get it to flicker in their presence, and as such, they refused to repair it.

After speaking to tech support on the phone, they mailed me an empty box with the proper labels, I sent it in and had it back within several days. Overall I was very pleased with the turnaround time.

6. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

That's exactly why I'm reluctant to take it in, I don't want to be sitting there like "wait, watch it's going to happen" then nothing...

Maybe I'll take it in and just see what they say.

Thanks everyone for the responses.