Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
Noticed this when in the Steam interface (not playing a game). Strange thing is that it stops flickering if I change the screen to a res of 1152 x 720 (rather than the native 1280 x 800). Any ideas folks?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
In that case, my first thought would be some sort of issue with the Intel 3000 graphics. Maybe the app doesn't like the default resolution of your display (seems unlikely).

Is there any thing I can do? I'll ignore it if it's not likely to get worse or cause any problems in the long run - BUT if I could fix it, I'd like to give it a go.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Is there any thing I can do? I'll ignore it if it's not likely to get worse or cause any problems in the long run - BUT if I could fix it, I'd like to give it a go.
I can't think of a fix other than the typical stuff like:
- reboot
- repair disk permissions
- reinstall OS X

You could take it to the Genius Bar or call Apple support, but for such a minor issue it's unlikely they could do anything for you. My advice would be to try to ignore it and if it gets worse take further action.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
I can't think of a fix other than the typical stuff like:
- reboot
- repair disk permissions
- reinstall OS X

You could take it to the Genius Bar or call Apple support, but for such a minor issue it's unlikely they could do anything for you. My advice would be to try to ignore it and if it gets worse take further action.

Thanks. I'll probably just ignore it for now as I done a reinstall and repair etc already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.