Screen fogs up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iVikD, Mar 19, 2012.

1. iVikD, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

iVikD macrumors regular

iVikD

Hello everyone, I've had a MBP for almost a year now, and it has been a completely reliable machine so far, but recently I've noticed some kind of fogging(?) on the inside of the screen, all along the bottom border... Now, this only happens when I'm gaming or doing really intensive work, as in, it gets pretty hot and fans go up to 6k rpm. My thinking is that the heat emanating from the body is making the screen fog up a bit, and that can't possibly be good.... Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? Is this something I should be very worried about?
    Thanks

Specs are in my signature.
    http://cl.ly/3a1G3B3P1P321w050s2V

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

I have the matte display and I notice that when I play a game for an extended period of time, that the LED backlighting appears to be more apparent in a black background than when it is cool. The exhaust vents push hot air right over your screen. Next time this happens, take a picture of it and post it, as well as feel the screen to see the warmth of it.

3. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

The picture is there, I just couldn't get it to show so I put the URL leading to it instead. The way you describe it is precisely how it is.

4. iVikD thread starter macrumors regular

iVikD

The screen does get a bit warmer when it happens (confirmed it a minute ago) but it isn't hot. The left side is hotter (seems to coincide with the heating on the body)

5. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

My solution was to take my thermal take usb fan and prop it up so it blows air over the keyboard and screen. It did keep my hands cooler and the screen. I also have the matte screen so that could be why as well.